To get along persons in any partnership must agree, or else agree to disagree and avoid the topics of
- Tidiness standards
- Vegetarianism vs. grilling big hunks o' beef
- Paper vs. plastic
- Cat or dog
- Recycling vs. being an irresponsible blight upon Mother Earth
- Manual vs. automatic transmission
- Apple vs. PC
- Planning ahead vs. frolicking frivolously in the present
- Thanksgiving at my parents'/Christmas at your parents'
- Talk radio vs. NPR
- Whether children can wear cowperson boots with Hawaiian print shorts
- Being perky before coffee vs. staying wisely silent until coffee kicks in
The choice of a screensaver and desktop theme should be right up there with the worst partnership/buddy breakers. An office passive-aggressive power struggle between fishy themes with seashell cursors for one, and falling autumn leaf screensavers and acorn pointers for two is threatening to maim the small business where I work.
© 2012 Nancy L. Ruder