- falls completely out of the glue-stick tube
- can be mashed down by putting the lid back on the tube
- can be used as pretend lipstick
- can be schmushed onto the paper
- can be schmeared on the wrong side of the paper
- can be used like a crayon to coat the paper
- can stick to your underarm
- can roll away under the table and then be stepped on
On a happier note, the weather is cooler and I'm back out on the paths and trails many days after school for mental health and exercise. It's been a fine week for fritillary finds, but yesterday it was the hawk that made my day. I hadn't been on the trail that goes under the overpass for a long time, as there's almost no shade.
The hawk was busy catching supper as the trucks roared by. It flew right across my trail while I fumbled my camera.
© 2012 Nancy L. Ruder