I went over to Fort Worth on a first highway test drive, and because I never made it to the Impressionist exhibit at the Kimbell Museum during spring break. Wish I could have shared the exhibit with my parents, capped with a delicious buffet lunch in the Kimbell's restaurant. The green chile and rice soup was nirvana! Howie and Fritz would have loved it.
Last year when the Woolly Mammoth had a burst of soup-making creativity, I mailed him Fritzi's well-worn Kimbell cookbook. Tonight he sent back this recipe:
The green chiles with rice soup had a cheddar cheese and cream base, but also had celery and carrots today. I've made a grocery list to make my own version when the brisket stew is gone.
Got to watch the rain begin from inside the Fort Worth Modern Museum. Tadao Ando's building has become one of my favorite places even though I don't often like the art on display.The angles, reflections, and textures of the museum feed my inner artist.
Other buildings on my Favorite Things list:
- I.M. Pei's Meyerson Symphony Center for the Dallas Symphony Orchestra.
- Louis Kahn's Kimbell Art Museum in Fort Worth
- Philip Johnson's Sheldon Art Museum in Lincoln, Nebraska
- Renzo Piano's Nasher Sculpture Center in Dallas
- Moshe Safdie's headquarters for the U.S. Institute of Peace.on the National Mall in D.C.
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad
This is a strange, very tiny bee/fly I saw today. It was smaller than my pinkie fingernail. Love the see-through striped wings.
© 2012 Nancy L. Ruder