I'm down. Day after day over one hundred degrees is zapping everyone. Disgust with Congress and media coverage is like walking in a perpetual cloud of gnats.
So hard to find a starting point for gratitude. I'm thankful:
- My sons were older when divorce became inevitable.
- I was able to be my sons' primary caregiver and educator while they were preschoolers.
- In a backwards way, that my spouse needed to prove his manliness by providing for our little family all by himself.
- That the boys had grandparents who were consistently interested and supportive.
- We ate enough meals as a family that my kids learned some manners they still use everyday.
- My students don't know what I wear to bed!
© 2011 Nancy L. Ruder