Halloween was pretty simple when I was a kid. We decorated a paper grocery sack with orange and black crayon drawings. We wore a mom-made costume from a McCall's or Simplicity sewing pattern. Raggedy Anns had braided yarn wigs. Ground Folger's stuck to the cheeks of hobos. Kids all walked like Frankenstein's monster due to wearing snowpants and parkas under costumes. A designated dad went with us, or a mom in her winter coat and holding a flashlight.
What ghouls came to the preschool class at school?
- Two knights
- Dora and Diego, the explorers
- Two ballerina/fairies
- One Home Depot guy
- One pumpkin girl
- One religious objector to Halloween
- One Gypsy girl
- Buzz Lightyear
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- One each cowgirl, surfer dude, and witch
- One firefighter and one police officer
- One Disney princess
- One royal queen with her king/All Star baseball player